GUIDANCE FOR PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS FOR ACCOMMODATION AT THE COTTAGE HOMES
Cuckfield Cottage Homes Trust (CCHT) is a charity, which operates in accordance with its Trust Deed dated 31 January 2007.
The trust provides housing for persons who:
- are in need, hardship or distress, and
- are sixty years old or over, and
- are followers of the Christian faith, and
- are resident locally, with a preference for those living within the Parish of Cuckfield.
CCHT is responsible for managing the six Cottage Homes, located adjacent to Holy Trinity Church, Cuckfield.
CCHT is managed by a Board of Trustees, chaired by Reverend Michael Maine, Vicar of Cuckfield.
A Monthly Maintenance Contribution is payable by each resident.
Residents are directly responsible for the costs of:
- internal decoration, and
- water and sewerage charges, and
- installation and maintenance of telephone, television and Broadband connection, and
- Council Tax.
The Trust is responsible for:
- building repairs and external decoration, and
- maintenance of the garden, and
- provision of a communal television licence, and
- provision of communal gas central heating, and
- external window cleaning.
- will be required to sign a Letter of Appointment (accommodation agreement), which sets out the terms upon which the flat is occupied, and
- must use the flat as their main and only residence, and
- may not leave the flat empty for more than 21 days, and
- do not become a tenant of the property, and
- may not keep any pets at the Cottage Homes.
No car parking is available for residents.
N.B. This is a brief guide. The full terms upon which the flat is occupied are set out in the Letter of Appointment (occupation agreement).