For several years now, Cuckfield has continued to generously support Samara’s Aid, an initiative started by one local mum to convey our love, and recognise the dignity, of human beings from whom so much has been taken by war.
23.5 million people in Iraq and Syria are in need of humanitarian help. Last winter, babies, children and vulnerable adults died in camps in the Middle East because there wasn’t enough aid to keep them warm. So, our current appeal is for new winter clothing.
- CLOTHES – ALL SEASONS (no shorts or short skirts), new and used – adult, child & baby
- COATS & SNOW-WEAR, new and used – adult, child & baby
- NEW UNDERWEAR only (no used), with tags or in packaging
- SHOES (polished) All seasons in immaculate condition
- BOOTS & WELLY BOOTS, clean, adult/child
- BLANKETS, sleeping bags, sheets & towels in immaculate condition
- DUVETS only if like new with no marks or stains
- WHEELCHAIRS, zimmer frames and crutches (paired)
- MOSES baskets and baby bedding
- DISPOSABLE nappies, sanitary towels & incontinence pads
Please leave items in the church tower, with sale tags still on, or call Ros to arrange collection (01444 457585).
If you feel able, please contribute £5 per shopping bag or £10 per bin liner towards the costs of transporting your donations to the Middle East. It costs around £7,000 to send each lorry to Iraq. Donations of money can be left in the church office with Gill.